Maple Lemon Carrots
Cooks great in the microwave!
Prep Tip: Cut carrots cook quicker than baby carrots. Whole baby carrots will cook in 4-6 minutes while cut carrots take 2-4 minutes. Or use canned carrots and cook just until hot (1-2 minutes)
Change it Up: Use 1 tablespoon brown sugar instead of maple syrup
Nutrition Tip: Carrots are low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. Try to eat orange vegetables and fruits at least 3 times a week.
- carrots – 1 small bag, or 2 cups cut up carrots, or 1 (14.5 oz) can of canned carrots
- lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- light butter – 1.5 tablespoons
- maple syrup – 2 teaspoons
- salt – 1/4th teaspoon
- Place cut carrots and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave safe dish. Cover and cook on high 3-6 minutes until tender. (See Prep Tip)
- Drain water and add butter, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt. Stir until well-mixed and butter melts.