Prep Tip: Wash strawberries gently. They bruise easily.
Change it Up: Use any kind of salad greens or lettuce you like. Add cooked chicken or a hard-boiled egg to make this salad a main dish.
Nutrition Tip: Read food labels on salad dressings and choose those with 140mg sodium or less.
Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
- baby spinach leaves – 6 ounces, rinsed and dried
- strawberries – 1 pint, fresh, thinly sliced, tops removed
- onion – 1/2 cup,thinly sliced
- viniagrette – 1/2 cup,bottled, balsamic or raspberry
- sugar or other sweetener (optional) – 2 teaspoons
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together salad dressing and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss spinach, strawberries, and onion. Drizzle with dressing